Kayak & Paddleboard Rentals
Osprey Bay Outdoors Kayak & Paddleboard Rentals
Here at Osprey Bay Outdoors we offer a wide selection of Kayak & Paddleboard Rentals in Clearwater Florida. We have an extensive fleet of well maintained kayaks. Looking to try a kayak before you buy one we have the models in our rental fleet you would want to buy. Not the cheap worn out kayaks most rental operations provide.
We offer Rentals for 2hr, 4hr and full or multiple days. See the image for Rental rate chart.
Rentals available every day for pick up (straps and pads included) or we can shuttle the kayaks/boards to Coopers Bayou with a reservation.
- Weekend Delivery times to Coopers Bayou 10AM & 1PM.
We transport the kayaks/boards, you will drive your own vehicle to put in.
Osprey Bay Outdoors offers kayaks and SUP’s models for rent from the premier american manufactured brands like:
- Eddyline Kayak
- Hurricane kayaks
- Ocean Kayak
- Native kayaks
- Old Town Kayaks
- Bic SUP.
Rent some and try them out for a few hours.
If you have tried some at a demo and can’t make up your mind, then spend a few hours on them with a rental before you commit. Take it with you and practice loading. Try it in the places you plan to paddle.
Then if its a good fit for you we will apply up to $125 in rental Credit toward the purchase of a new kayak.
Get Out and Go Paddling
- Expect to get wet. Wear clothing you don’t mind getting wet and that will dry quickly.
- Dress for weather.
- Wear shoes you don’t mind getting wet. No flip flops they will fall right off and do no good. (There is lots of sharp oysters and barnicles that will cut you.)
- Insect Repellent
- Water or favorite sports drink
- Energy Snack
- Sunglasses with lanyard
- Towel and change of clothes for after trip
- Camera or Phone put it in a dry bag (Zip lock bags are going to fail and cost you a lot of money)
- If you rent for 24hours and go out at night a Light is a coast guard requirement .
We meet at the shop (160 N. Belcher Rd. Clearwater) to pick out kayaks or paddleboard, do paper work and pay.
We will load up your kayaks and transport to Coopers Bayou. Just follow us in your car to the put in.
Or we will help load them on your vehicle if you want to explore a different location.
Coopers Bayou is a shallow area in upper Tampa Bay. Formed by Coopers point that is a mangrove covered island that separates Coopers Bayou from the rest of upper Tampa Bay. There are mangrove Tunnels that wind through Coopers point that can be explored. And a bridge that you paddle under to go out into the Bay. Coopers point is a City of Clearwater Park. Watch the tides, on very low tides the bayou can be have no water or very little.